Sports Nutrition and Diet
“Our consultations start from as little as £60 and vary considerably depending upon the needs of the client.” Feeding your body correctly for performance in sport is underestimated. Dig Deep Coaching adopt a forward thinking approach to nutrition through advice, support and consultations.
What you put into your body is what you get out of it. Avoiding highly processed foods, eating full fat milk and butter, minimal carbohydrates only begins to scratch the surface of the information and advice during our one to one consultations to help improve performance on the bike.
Rob van der Werf, Nutritionist to Argos-Shimano Pro Team provides the nutritional advice for Dig Deep Coaching. Check out Rob's online nutritional webinar available to download to most devices.
What You Can Expect From A Consultation
- A clearer understanding of the impact nutrition has on performance
- Food lists of what is good to eat
- Recovery, what to eat depending on your training load
- Improve your training ability
- Lose body fat
- The timing and quantities of food
- The 80% rule!
- What nutrients are essential for muscle repair, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, etc
- Endurance boosting foods
- Advice on sports nutrition with homemade alternatives
- Any recommended supplements depending upon your training and current diet
From the beginner cyclist to the elite athlete, we have a consultation to suit all goals and budgets.
- Provides basic nutritional guidelines on how to structure day to day nutrition and eating patterns.
- Helps promote a healthier lifestyle coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of nutrition.
- A sample food diary covering what you eat in a typical day is required as part of the consultation.
- Sample diary analysed with recommendations provided.
- Personalised guidelines on where to improve your nutrition day to day.
NOTE: When submitting your 3 day diary please provide a variance of activity levels such as a rest day, a training day and/or a day with competing/sportive event or intensive training.
- A complete personalised nutritional plan developed around your typical week taken from information provided in a 7 day food diary and nutritional questionnaire.
- A more extensive assessment exploring day to day eating patterns and how they affect sporting performance along with lifestyle.
- This extensive information over a longer period of time will allow eating traits to become apparent and where necessary essential changes made to help develop and improve overall performance.
- A detailed document will be supplied with information recommending changes to nutrition and further explanations on how and why these changes should be made.
- Further details are provided on the macro and micro nutrients that play a vital role in nutrition and performance and an explanation will be provided on how these can be used in day to day eating patterns.
- Further follow up on skype/facetime with the Nutritionist allowing the opportunity to ask questions on the information supplied and day to day application of advice.
- After the follow up there is a further opportunity to devise your typical nutritional day whereby the Nutritionist will review and provide feedback to ensure you are developing your own nutritional understanding to make the daily decisions of what to eat and when for the future.
- This consultation is ideal for those individuals who are well tuned into their nutritional needs on a daily basis but perhaps feel it’s time to further refine nutrition for optimum performance in sports. Perhaps focus has changed towards a new goal that requires a different training approach thus needing nutrition adapted accordingly.
- All the services received in the SPECIFIC consultation will be included.
- 2 extra skype/facetime consultations.
- This opportunity to have additional follow up conversations with the Nutritionist will permit even further in depth assessment and subsequent recommendations of essential improvements.
- Gain further confidence in making the right nutritional choices and how they cane be implemented into lifestyle and training.